Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One less banana...

HAPPY BELATED CHINESE NEW YEAR everyone! :)
*Sorry this is way past its due date.

First off, i'd like to give thanks to those people who made the new 'it' word/phrase/annoying word for this season: "Have an Oxpicious New Year!" Uh-huh.

Anyways, every CNY my family gathers some place with my dad's side of the family for a reunion dinner the night before CNY! This time it was at my uncle's place,

and also this time the food was good,

and again, this time much of it was in Chinese!

There were 3 of us this time (the maid doesn't count) instead of the usual 4. Weird, but it didn't really get to me.. Until after there was nothing left to stuff into my mouth to postpone the inevitable missing conversation.
It was especially weird for me this year because my un-Cinafied-banana-of-a-brother was missing. We were yellow on the outside, white on the inside - the "odd-ones-out" who found solace in each other's inability to speak Chinese! :P


But after chowing down, the main event of the night began!
Haha, even my brother participated via Skype.. a process whereby my Dad showed my brother his hand and then played on his behalf. He won more than me though!! Haha, oh well :)

This was just the beginning...
...And it ended even better!
And that was pretty much the flow of my first two days of CNY '09!

No comments: