Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm 18!

Happy 18th Birthday Me!

This is supposed to be a landmark year. The year, where you hit the age every teenager (and seemingly everyone above 40) wants to be! The year, where you are at your physical peak (if this the peak, how wonderful for me. Thanks big guy -.-); when you are considered an 'adult' - in the legal sense of the word - where everything is not so grown up, and *almost* nothing is 'haram' anymore. For me, that year will be 2009 :)

Enough philosophy. Let's get straight to the birthday dinner that night!

Review: Sheraton Imperial, Kuala Lumpur's Buffet Dinner.

Started off with a salad mix. Apt, nothing wow. But as always, what I need to start off a buffet.


Oysters and lime. Not bad, but i'm not really into seafood, so can't critique on this.
Haha, and no I don't buy into it being an aphrodisiac, so that doesn't help either!


California rolls! Now this, I liked! Yes, it just had the basic ingredients of a Cali roll, but the fish roe-in-mayo was mmmm mmmm. Had all 3 for myself!


Salmon and Tuna sashimi. Was good, but not a big fan of raw fish in general, not since A showed me a picture of this guy under the knife because of maggots in his brain from sushi overload.
(Don't worry, won't put it up :P)


Bread pudding topped with vanilla and strawberries! Very yummy.
Always a favourite of mine :)



my Birthday cake! Yummm it was goooood~

My parents' kill 2 birds with 1 stone scheme:"Let's take him out to a fancy dinner, but let's make it a buffet so we can eat as much as we want and... possibly get a free cake from the dessert counter that's already part of the bill!"
Can't say that i mind though ;)


Was layered with chocolate, pandan, and this uniquely awesome brown-gooey (i'm afraid i don't know what it was, should've asked! And this was simply what made it so special.. haha). Unique, I liked that.
All in all, a wonderful blend, though a tad sweet, but just how I like dessert.  
Glad my "OUT WITH THE CHOCOLATE BANANA SECRET RECIPE CAKE ALREADY" cries were heard. 


Just the 3 of us. Miss you bro!


Cut.

But I couldn't leave just yet. Not without...

WAFFLES!
This is the prettiest waffle i have ever eaten... Tasted as good as it looked too.
You don't get that often. 
Something that tastes as good as it looks.
*Concept applicable to people as well.
And yes, only THEN we could go home :P

All in all, this place is recommended. Just don't go there just for the food. The array is not as wide for true foodies to enjoy. So instead, go for the ambience, quiet environment, and (if you're lucky) nice jazz music flowing from the live band the floor below - perfect for a date. At around RM80++, make sure you have a Starwood Hotel Card to get 50% off, or else it wouldn't be as satisfying for you as it was for me! 


! SURPRISE !
Thanks Dad, Mom :D

I don't think this would be a good time to do a no-hander...


Most careful I have ever been with birthday wrapping... Not that I'm not usually, but I managed to unwrap the entire thing in one piece this time :P


I have a pretty good idea what it is by now...
a cat. A dead cat in a box. I hate cats.


Thank God its not a cat. I love love love love love it!!! :D
My new 16-inch baby. Yes, it feels that good.

Haven't named it yet though, will let you all know when i do!

This probably meant that for my birthday, my parents had managed to get rid of 3 birds with 1 stone.

Birthday dinner? Check. 

Birthday cake?         Check. 

Birthday present/Laptop for the US?      Check.


Damn, they're good.

No comments: