Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My Cream Cheese Marble Brownies made specially for Mom!


Tis the season when true holidays and days of celebration begin to slow; when many years ago the people at Hallmark decided to charge things up by creating additional annual events; events that could and would not be missed by anyone; true innovators in a quest to boost turnover for themselves and the world over!

And now, boys and girls, many years later, we have Mother's and Father's Day!

This year's Mother's Day brought out my once unused poetic/baking skills to conjure up another heartfelt poem (last one being a few days ago for Dad) and a yummy batch of brownies! They say parents will love anything you give them. WRONG.

Haha, nah joking. My mom loved it. I think. Love you mom! :D


So the highlight of the day was a potluck dinner at my Uncle's place where all my relatives (Dad's side) came to celebrate all the mothers known/available to us!
As such, sorry mammas, but focus shifts to the food at any potluck :P



Nearing the house we encountered this huge parade - Wesak Day still going strong!


And onto the highlight reel!
Everyone with all the food!

Chicken. Can't go wrong with that. Actually you can, but this was really nice and tender.


AMAZING. This yummy pork dish who's name evades my mind. No one does it like my Aunt!


BooBooChaCha? NOT. But a good substitute of melons, sago, and lychee. Too watery though. 


Eggtarts. Yummy! 'Nuff said.

There was more, but what's there to say about Domino's, fruits, and keropok?

The moms and their cheesy delight!
Cheesecake sourced from Melting Pot @ Concorde Hotel, KL. 

Ladies, allow me.

Well Hallmark, it worked :)

No comments: